Toll Free U.S. & Canada


Canadian Taxes for US Residents

Moving to the US? Don’t Use Your Parent’s Mailing Address

Does this fact pattern sound familiar? Gordie is a Canadian who leaves Canada and takes up residence in the United States. Like many Canadians, Gordie decides to leave his investments behind in Canada and changes the address with his financial institutions to his parents’
Read More

US Tax on Your Canadian Investments

Canadian residents who emigrate from Canada are generally deemed to have disposed of their capital property equal to the fair market value on the date of emigration, with any resulting gain or loss subject to Canadian tax (“Departure Tax”). For Canadians emigrating to
Read More